Yield: 4 Servings
We all love a good chip 'n' dip, but the same old nachos and sour cream can sometimes become a bore. So we decided to do some research on how to give this party favourite a boost and found this great recipe from the Food Network, called Lemon-Garlic Chick Pea Dip with Veggies and Chips. Not only is it quick to make but tastes great & offers a great choice for vegetarians!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- f1 (15-ounce) can chick peas, drained
- 1 clove garlic, cracked from skin
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 to 5 sprigs fresh thyme leaves, stripped from stems
- Coarse salt and pepper
- A few drops hot sauce, to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil eyeball it
- 4 ribs celery from the heart cut into dipping sticks, 4 inches long
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, cut into sticks
- 1 red bell pepper, trimmed and cut into sticks
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 sack reduced fat gourmet chips (recommended: Terra brand Garlic and Onion Yukon Gold flavor potato chips (50 percent less fat than regular chips))
Combine the chick peas, garlic, lemon zest and juice, thyme, salt and pepper and hot sauce in food processor. Turn processor on and stream in the extra-virgin olive oil. Transfer the dip to a dish and surround with veggies and chips. That'll keep the munching going on until dinner!
To print this recipe please click HERE.
According to Rachael, she grew up in food.
"My first vivid memory is watching my mom in a restaurant kitchen. She was flipping something with a spatula. I tried to copy her and ended up grilling my right thumb! I was 3 or 4," said Rachael, who insists that cooking is a way of life she was simply born into. "Everyone on both sides of my family cooks."
Rachael has parlayed that birthright into a wildly successful career as a syndicated television star, an iconic Food Network television personality, best-selling cookbook author, Founder and Editorial Director of her own lifestyle magazine and Founder of the Yum-o! organization.
To learn more about Rachel Ray please click HERE.