Nude is the nu-black. At a party a few weeks ago I saw a girl sporting a pair of peep toe nude shoes with a blue and yellow suit. She pulled it off. In fact she looked pretty hot (easy ladies, don’t read too much into it). I’ve seen girls wearing them to work, but with an Indian suit I was pretty impressed (I don’t get out much). The nude peep toe is a great way polish off an outfit and keep it looking summertime fresh. Take note my darling DFFs, there are a few key points here to consider if you plan to rock this look:
1. They must be patent – the shine gives them that touch of something extra. Anything else will make your outfit look casual.
2. They must be peep toe – the closed toe version should be reserved for work wear or with jeans.
3. Stilettos – the higher the heel, the sexier the shoe.
4. Nude – NOT brown, tan, off white or some other funky definition of nude.
5. Careful with colour palettes and style of suit. A nude shoe is sleek and modern. Please don’t pair it with your Bibi’s floral gurdwara suit. That’s just wrong.
Now as much as I love the Louboutins, I have to say please think twice before wearing your Louboutin nude peep toes with an Indian suit. The reason being, as much as you’d love to show them off (we understand), the red sole will definitely clash with the rainbow of fruit colours in your suit. It's all about moderation my dear DFFs. M-o-d-e-r-a-t-i-o-n. Instead of looking like you walked off a Lakme runway, you’ll look more like a walking bag of supersize skittles. Yeah I said it.
If you want to go high class, opt for Jimmy Choos - if you don't own them strike a deal with your man to buy you a pair in the morning (yeah you know what i'm talkin' bout). There are more affordable options out there that look just as good (seriously).
Photo: Jimmy Choo pump, courtesy of Saks Fifth Avenue